Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Unbelievable EV Disaster For Ford
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:38:39 -0400

On 4/25/24 1:16 PM, AlleyCat wrote:

> Americans don't want EVs at levels Biden's climate hysteria require. Ford's EV
> Q1 losses soared to $1.3 billion - a ridiculous $132,000 per EV sold. All
> Ford's profits came from combustion engine vehicle sales. Collectivist policies
> destroy prosperity.

In many ways Ford is doing awesome. All of Tesla's famous
models were *Way* behind schedule, they delivered hardly
any at all, and Tesla lost BILLIONS for years before they
claimed a profit. So from that measure Ford is doing a
lot better than Tesla. But...

Ford, unlike Tesla, already had products that people wanted,
including the single most popular vehicle in America.

And Ford took a massive shit on all that.

THIS is the disaster at Ford; they threw everything behind
new models when there were already plenty of customers
waiting in line for the old ones.

Paraphrased for emphasis:  Ford traded the customers that
they had for customers that they didn't have.

The way I see it?  None of us matter. We're not billionaires,
we don't come from "The Right" family so nothing we think
matters one iota. But Ford has a lot of influence. So it was
up to them, it was their job to fight for us. And they didn't.

"We're going to sell a fraction of the trucks people want, at
obscene prices that virtually nobody can afford, plus these
pieces of shit EVs!"

Why?

They should be lobbying the government, bribing congressmen
or even pulling a Ukraine and bribing Biden -- ANYTHING to
be able to sell to their customers the products their
customers want and can afford.

That's Job-1 at Ford right now. They want to sell products,
they've got millions of people who want to buy them but they're
bowing to some insane Gwobull Warbling fairy tale and
bankrupting themselves.

Lobby. For us. For themselves.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5