Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Why? CO2 Doesn't Cause Warming
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:36:12 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Carbon Dioxide Does Not Cause Warming

'Liars say "I am not a crook" rather than "I am honest" '
Liars use short sentences, the past tense and negative statements
Bella DePaula, professor of psychology at the University of Virginia,
has found, in a study of 3,000 people, that the following clues are
the most useful indicators of whether somebody is lying:
* Lack of specific detail - not volunteering names of people and places
* Short answers
* Using the past tense
* Using negative statements  ("not a crook" rather than "honest")
[...]
-- http://www.globalideasbank.org/site/bank/idea.php?ideaId=1907

--
It has been calculated theoretically that, if there are no other
changes in the climate system, a doubling of the atmospheric CO2

Exxon Theoretical and Mathematical Sciences Laboratory Director Roger
W. Cohen (1982):
[O]ver the past several years a clear scientific
consensus has emerged regarding the expected climatic effects of
increased atmospheric CO2. The consensus is that a doubling of
atmospheric CO2 from its pre-industrial revolution value would result
in an average global temperature rise of (3.0 [plus-or-minus] 1.5)
[degrees Celsius]. The uncertainty in this figure is a result of the
inability of even the most elaborate models to simulate climate in a
totally realistic manner. ... [T]he results of our research are in
accord with the scientific consensus on the effect of increased
atmospheric CO2 on climate.