Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: LOL... STILL Can't Come Up With His Own Jabs
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 22:28:44 -0500

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 14:59:26 -0700,  Rudy Canoza says...

> We *all* know it, you fucked-in-the-head psycho narcissist.

LOL... STILL Can't Come Up With His Own Jabs

AlleyCat is one of the several people who dominate Rudy on a daily basis,
keeping their bootheels on his little pencil neck to the amusement of all.

Denial In The Narcissistic Mind: Pathological Distortion

https://www.psychology today.com/us/bog/the-narcissist-in-your-
life/202106/denial-in-the-narcissistic-mind-pathological-distortion
Denial in the narcissistic mind: pathological distortion the narcissist's
denials of convenience. Unless they are experiencing a psychotic break from
reality, as can happen with... Forms of denial. The narcissist's denial becomes
a kind of self-deception in which accurate perception is ignored ...

Denial is a normal early childhood defense.
Narcissistic people engage in routine forms of denial to distort reality.
Some forms of denial are dismissal, justification, minimization, negation, and
reversal.

A refusal to acknowledge a threatening, uncomfortable, or inconvenient truth,
denial is a developmentally normal, unconscious defense mechanism of early
childhood. Children may deny a "bad" feeling like jealousy to preserve their
self-esteem, or they may deny a destabilizing feeling like fear of an abusive
parent to preserve attachment with that caregiver.

Like shock, short-term denial can function as a temporary protection against
the full impact of something painful or overwhelming. But ongoing denial in
adulthood, a defining trait of pathological narcissism, becomes a choice to
engage in distortions of reality.
The Narcissist's Denials of Convenience

Unless they are experiencing a psychotic break from reality, as can happen with
schizophrenia, people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) know the
difference between fact and fiction, truth and lies. But because their
personality structure is built around inflated self-importance (designed to
scaffold unstable self-esteem), they hold reality at a distance and filter
information to conform to their wishes. Add to the mix their exaggerated
entitlement unmoderated by empathy for others and you have a personality type
predisposed to manipulative and self-serving denials of convenience.
Forms of Denial

The narcissist's denial becomes a kind of self-deception in which accurate
perception is ignored and replaced with preferred distortions. Such distortions
can range from subtle misrepresentations to unrecognizable alterations of
reality. The following examples of common forms of denial involve a mother
denying her rageful husband's physical abuse of their son.

Dismissal: Dismissing pushes away a fact as unworthy of attention. Example:
"That was so long ago I can't remember what actually happened. Haven't you
gotten over that?"

Justification: Justifying rationalizes a fact to make it sound reasonable.
Example: "Your father was disciplining you for your own good because you were
out of control and needed a firm hand."

Minimization: Minimizing acknowledges a fact but reduces its importance or
effect. Example: "Your father got angry sometimes, but he was always there for
you."

Negation: Negating is an outright disavowal of the truth. Example: "Your father
never laid a hand on you, and you know it."

Reversal: Reversing asserts a wishful, fantasy-based opposite version of the
truth. Example: "Your father has always been kind and loving with you. He's a
saint, and you're lucky to have him."
Effects of Denial

Sharing information and mirroring reality are primary dimensions of human
relationships. In infancy and early childhood, we are almost entirely reliant
on our parents to teach us about ourselves and the world around us. If our
principal caregivers and models reflect back inaccurate or outright false
interpretations of reality, it creates ongoing cognitive dissonance between
what we feel and perceive and what we are told is happening. Such distortions
lead to degraded trust, alienation from our physical instincts, chronic self-
doubt, and other profound disruptions to our identity development and ability
to form attachments.
Overcoming Denial

Children who have ongoing forms of denial normalized at home become more
vulnerable to denial-based manipulations and coercion later in life on the part
of narcissistic partners, friends, and others in positions of influence and
authority. To overcome such confusion and vulnerability, it becomes necessary
to identify the patterns of denial we have experienced and recontextualize
those experiences with our increased knowledge and understanding.

As we work on separating from the false narratives of narcissistic and
otherwise disordered people in our lives, many of us find ourselves
reconstructing reality in alignment with what we have intuitively known to be
true for a very long time.