Davin News Server

From: "Little@man.Ball" <suck@ra.mentos>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Expert's Eva Warning: 'One of The Biggest Energy Policy
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:23:31 -0600

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:40:43 -0400
JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com> wrote:

>   AlleyCat wrote:
> >=20
> > Expert's Eva Warning: 'One of The Biggest Energy Policy Blunders
> > We've Ever Made'
> >=20
> > Energy experts are warning about numerous potential issues for
> > electric vehicles, including affordability, range, weather,
> > infrastructure, and economic concerns, even as the government and
> > car companies increasingly push them on Americans. [emphasis, links
> > added] =20
>=20
> They're only pretending to care about those things in order to
> avoiding mentioning the fact that lithium is a brain altering
> chemical.

Can be, in a water soluble form, but not as an anode or cathode.

> It's water soluble and WILL leach into the water supply. It's
> already leaching into the water supply!

Well...mebbe not...

https://www.global.toshiba/ww/products-solutions/battery/scib/product/modul=
e/sip/download/batteryschool/episode1.html

How do lithium-ion batteries compare with lead-acid ones?

Generally, lithium-ion batteries are lighter and can be charged more rapidl=
y than lead-acid batteries.
And lithium-ion batteries are more environmentally friendly since they
don't contain any substance with a high environmental load.

> Long term it eats your kidneys, short term it makes you
> "Compliant," shall we say?
=20
In which quantities?

https://www.ironmountainhotsprings.com/mineral-spotlight-lithium/
Research has shown that lithium is beneficial to human health. As a medicin=
e, lithium carbonate is used to treat mood disorders like mania and bipolar=
 disorder. It aids in stabilizing mood swings and preventing manic or depre=
ssive episodes. Lithium has been used to treat mental illness, arthritis, b=
lood disorders, epilepsy, eating disorders, headache, alcoholism, diabetes,=
 kidney disorders, overactive thyroid, liver disease, asthma, and Lou Gehri=
g=E2=80=99s disease.

Soaking in hot springs that contain lithium can help you feel calmer
and happier.=20

Nutritional lithium is found in drinking water, grains, vegetables,
fish, meat, dairy, kelp, mustard, and pistachios. The human body
contains about 7 milligrams of lithium.=20

=20
> It's used to treat series disorders such as schizoaffective
> disorder or, in our case today, non-compliance with all edicts.

The latter COULD happen, maybe even WOULD happen, but treated urban
water is not a major lithium source, or is it?

You tell us which concentration level will make us more sheepish.

Lithium occurrence in source waters across the United States was
assessed in 21 drinking water utilities, and a publicly available
national water quality portal (WQP) database with over 40,000 other
measurements in surface water and groundwater that could potentially to
be used as drinking water sources. From the 369 source water samples
collected from drinking water treatment plants (DWTPs), Lithium ranged
from 0.9 to 161 =CE=BCg/L (median =3D 14 =CE=BCg/L) in groundwater, and Lit=
hium
ranged from < 0.5 to 130 =CE=BCg/L (median =3D 3.9 =CE=BCg/L) in surface wa=
ter.
Lithium in 56% of the groundwater and 13% of the surface water samples
were above the non-regulatory Health-Based Screening Level (HBSL) of 10
=CE=BCg/L, with a few sites having Lithium more than 10 times higher than
the HBSL. Sodium (Na) and Lithium concentrations were strongly
correlated: Kendall=E2=80=99s rank correlation coefficient =CF=84 > 0.6 (p =
< 0.001).
Since Na is monitored and reported regularly by DWTPs, this result
shows that Na can serve as an indicator to identify water sources at
higher risk for elevated lithium. Lithium concentrations in the paired
samples collected in source water and treated drinking water were
almost identical showing Lithium was not removed by conventional
drinking water treatment processes. Thus, source water lithium
concentration occurrence appears to be a reasonable estimate for human
exposures in drinking water. Additional sampling in wastewater
effluents detected Lithium at 0.8 to 98.2 =CE=BCg/L (median =3D 9.9 =CE=BCg=
/L),
which suggests more research on impacts of Lithium in direct and
indirect potable reuse may be warranted, as the median was close to the
HBSL. For comparison with the study samples collected from DWTPs,
Lithium concentrations from the WQP database, that were selected based
upon chloride level to be suitable for drinking water (Cl=E2=88=92 < 250 mg=
/L),
had comparable median Lithium concentrations:18 and 20 =CE=BCg/L for surface
water and groundwater, respectively. Overall, this study provides a
comprehensive occurrence potential for lithium in US drinking water
sources and can inform the data collection effort in UCMR 5.

https://www.ultimatehotspringsguide.com/health-benefits.html

LITHIUM
Lithium is one of the most powerful sources available for mood disorders. L=
ithium shows up in water notably in springs and spas where in earlier times=
 people =E2=80=9Ctook the waters=E2=80=9D bathing in and drinking the lithi=
um rich water for its soothing effects.
Benefits:
=E2=80=A2 Active in promoting the formation of new brain cells. (neurogenes=
is)
=E2=80=A2 Protects against neurodegenerative diseases including: manic depr=
ession and brain injury.
=E2=80=A2 Known for its calming effects.