Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: OMFG! - Rudy Really IS This Psychotic - Trump Removal of MLK Bust Was a Blatant Lie in 2017 and It's STILL A Blatant Lie
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:45:22 -0500

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:00:38 -0700,  Rudy Canoza says...

> The bust of MLK was removed from the Oval Office, then put back when Trump was
> humiliated over it.

Nope. That is a lie, so you're STILL lying and a liar. What a pussy. A LIBERAL
pussy.

In Context: The Winston Churchill And MLK Busts - politifact.com

As it usually goes in presidential transitions, the Oval Office had a makeover
when President Donald Trump moved in Jan. 20.

Curtains went from crimson to gold, and a golden rug replaced one that featured
quotes from past presidents. A symbolic sculpture - the bust of Winston
Churchill - is back on display, the Associated Press reported.

Then there was the bust of another famous leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Was
it in the Oval Office, or wasn't it?

The confusion started on Inauguration Day after a reporter, Zeke Miller, said
that the bust of King was no longer in the main office of the president.

The reporter later apologized and corrected himself by tweeting that the King
bust was still there, and that it had just been obscured by an agent and door.

Soon after, Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer tweeted a photo of King's bust,
attributing it to Reince Priebus, Trump's chief of staff.

The reporting apparently angered President Trump. During a visit to the CIA
headquarters Jan. 21, Trump said he would never remove King's bust.

"I would never do that, because I have great respect for Dr. Martin Luther
King," Trump said.

The Churchill bust

The question of busts in the Oval Office has been picked apart on the Internet
for years, and this isn't the first time there's been wrong information put
about a bust.

Obama critics charged that Obama sent a bust of Churchill back to the British
Embassy as an affront to America's closest ally. In 2011, Mike Huckabee, former
Arkansas governor and once a presidential hopeful, said that Obama removed the
bust because "he probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of
imperialists who persecuted his grandfather." He falsely claimed Obama grew up
in Kenya, though Obama only visited the country (where his father was born) for
the first time when he was in his 20s, the Associated Press reported.

The White House has had at least two Churchill busts, both by British sculptor
Sir Jacob Epstein.

A July 2012 blog post titled, "Fact check: The Bust of Winston Churchill" by
then White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer, sought to settle rumors
that Obama had snubbed its ally by getting rid of the Churchill bust.

"This is 100% false. The bust (is) still in the White House. In the Residence.
Outside the Treaty Room," Pfeiffer wrote, adding that news outlets had debunked
the claim years before, citing National Journal and AP reports that said the
bust was relocated in the residence to make room for Lincoln.

Pfeiffer included a picture in his post of Obama and Prime Minister David
Cameron looking at a Churchill bust in the residence in 2010.

The post was written in response to an opinion column by Charles Krauthammer in
the Washington Post that said, "Obama started his presidency by returning to
the British Embassy the bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval
Office."

But shortly after, Pfeiffer apologized to Krauthammer and updated the blog
saying there were two busts.

One of them has been in the White House since the 1960s kept in the residence
and another the one on display at the Oval Office during Bush's administration
was lent by Prime Minister Tony Blair to Bush at the start of his presidency in
2001, said the update to the blog post.

"On January 20, 2009 Inauguration Day all of the art lent specifically for
President Bush's Oval Office was removed by the curator's office, as is common
practice at the end of every presidency," the update said. "The original
Churchill bust remained on display in the residence."

The British Embassy told Mediaite in 2012 that it had in its possession the
bust lent to Bush, "When that administration came to an end so did the loan;
the bust now resides in the British Ambassador's Residence in Washington, DC."

As Sir Peter Westmacott ended his time as British ambassador to the United
States, he told The Guardian in December 2015 that the Churchill bust in the
Oval Office was only on loan as a personal gift from Blair to Bush.

"So, to be honest, we always expected that to leave the Oval Office just like
everything else that a president has tends to be changed," Westmacott told The
Guardian.

In a CBS News story published January 2010, White House curator William Allman
said the decision to give the bust back was made before Obama arrived.

In April 2016, Obama added another piece to the puzzle.

Obama mentioned the bust in the White House residence, outside the door of his
private office, called the Treaty Room, during a visit to London at a joint
press conference with Prime Minister Cameron.

"I love Winston Churchill. I love the guy. Now, when I was elected as president
of the United States, my predecessor had kept a Churchill bust in the Oval
Office. There are only so many tables where you can put busts otherwise it
starts looking a little cluttered," Obama said.

He said he thought it was appropriate that as the first African-American
president in the United States, he would have in his office a bust of civil
rights leader King, "to remind me of all the hard work of a lot of people who
would somehow allow me to have the privilege of holding this office."

During Obama's time, the Oval office featured busts of Lincoln and King, as the
New York Times reported after Obama's comment.

And now, for Trump, there's also Churchill's.

We reached out to Trump's team asking if the Churchill bust now in the Oval
Office is the one Obama kept outside the Treaty Room, the one that was lent to
Bush or a different one. We did not hear back.
Sign Up For Our Weekly Newsletter
Our Sources

TheWhiteHouseMuseum.org, Oval Office history

ABC News, New White House Look: Trump Gives the Oval Office a Makeover, Jan.
20, 2017

PolitiFact, The Trump-O-Meter: Tracking 102 promises made by Donald Trump, Jan.
17, 2017

CBS News, Obama Has Made the Oval Office His Own, Jan. 5, 2010

Obama White House, Remarks by the President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron in
Joint Press Conference, April 22, 2016

Obama White House, Fact Check: The Bust of Winston Churchill, July 27, 2012

Obama White House, The Churchill Bust and Charles Krauthammer, July 31, 2012

The Guardian, British ambassador says of US: 'I don't think this is a country
in decline at all', Dec. 26, 2015

CNN, Busted: Two statues amount to one Churchill bust of a controversy, July
27, 2012

The New Yorker, The case of the Two Churchills, Aug. 1, 2012

Mediaite, British Embassy Confirms Krauthammer Right, White House Wrong:
Churchill Bust Returned in 2009, July 27, 2012

Twitter, Zeke Miller tweet, tweet, Jan. 20, 2017

Twitter, Sean Spicer tweet, Jan. 20, 2017

The New York Times, No Need for Holmes. Obama Sheds Light on a Winston
Churchill Mystery, April 24, 2016

The Washington Post, AP story - FACT CHECK: Huckabee claims Obama grew up in
Kenya, March 1, 2011

The Washington Post, Ted Cruz's claim that one of Obama's 'very first acts' was
returning a bust of Churchill, Jan. 27, 2015

The Washington Post, Charles Krauthammer: Why he's going where he's going, July
26, 2012

C-SPAN, President Trump Remarks at the Central Intelligence Agency, Jan. 21,
2017

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-trump-oval-office-
makeover-44940453
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/27/busted-two-statues-amount-to-
one-churchill-bust-of-a-controversy/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-has-made-the-oval-office-his-own/
http://www.mediaite.com/online/british-embassy-confirms-krauthammer-right-
white-house-wrong-churchill-bust-returned-in-2009/
http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-replaces-churchill-bust-82255
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-case-of-the-two-churchills
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2011/03/01/AR2011030104385.html
http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wing/oval-office-history.htm
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2012/07/27/fact-check-bust-winston-
churchill
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2012/07/31/churchill-bust-charles-
krauthammer
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/04/22/remarks-
president-obama-and-prime-minister-cameron-joint-press
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/822622287312617473
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/822613421288026112
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/822620050653937664
https://www.c-span.org/video/?422418-1/president-trump-tells-cia-get-rid-isis
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/25/world/europe/no-need-for-holmes-obama-sheds-
light-on-a-winston-churchill-mystery.html
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/17/trump-o-meter-
tracking-102-promises-made-donald-tr/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/26/sir-peter-westmacott-british-
ambassador-us-obama-years
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/27/ted-cruzs-claim-
that-one-of-obamas-very-first-acts-was-returning-a-bust-of-churchill/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-why-hes-going-
where-hes-going/2012/07/26/gJQAGkzJCX_story.html?tid=a_inl

=====

AlleyCat is one of the several people who dominate Rudy on a daily basis,
keeping their bootheels on his little pencil neck to the amusement of all.

The TL;DR Version: Pathological liars, like Rudy, MAY LOSE HIS JOB,
RELATIONSHIPS, AND PUBLIC STANDING BECAUSE THE LIES BECOME TOO RIDICULOUS OR
NUMEROUS.

Called pathological liar, compulsive liar, or habitual liar, Rudy has a
strong tendency to lie or exaggerate. Typically, he has no regard for
the truth.

What Is a Pathological Liar?

Rudy, the pathological liar is a person who lies at a high frequency and
has no regard for the repercussions of his lies. He will lie to anyone
at any time about any issue. The lies could be big or small, detailed or
vague, or orchestrated or spontaneous. For pathological liars, it seems
his only goal is to lie.

Typical lies have a clear purpose, including to avoid trouble, gain
benefit, or impress HIMSELF.

A pathological liar differs from normal lying behavior based on the
frequency, the duration, and the goal of his lies.

The lies that a pathologcal liar, like Rudy, tells, are:

Lies that are extensive and overly complicated Lies and patterns of
lying that last for years or a lifetime Lies that are disproportionate
or unrelated to any end goal Lies that are not a result of another
mental or medical health condition.

Well, we already KNOW that isn't true... Rudy has MULTIPLE mental
problems.

Based on these factors, Rudy's pathological lying could be defined as "a
persistent, pervasive, and often compulsive pattern of excessive lying
behavior that leads to clinically significant impairment of functioning
in social, occupational, or other areas."

Other characteristic of Rudy's pathological lying are:

It causes marked distress to the individual
It poses a risk to others
It occurs for longer than 6 months

Rudy may also be called a:

Compulsive liar
Habitual liar
Chronic liar
Person with mythomania
Person with pseudologia fantastica

5 Signs of Rudy's Pathological Lying:

Because his lies are often concealed well, Rudy, the pathological liar may be
well disguised among other people. With time, the pattern of untruths
and inconsistencies may become more apparent. For the most part, though,
his pathological lies will blend in with the truth, making these statements
challenging to discern. Even discovering the lies may not be enough to
stop the liar from telling them.

Here are five signs of Rudy, the pathological liar:

Speaking in vague or general terms:
(BINGO!  or semantically vague... take your pick)

Liars, like Rudy, will try to avoid the future distress of having to recall
what lies he has told to which people by keeping information loose and vague.

Even something benign, like his favorite place to give blowjobs, can turn into
a long story with no solid answer.

The goal of this behavior is to keep his answer from conflicting with any lies
they may have told in the past.

Being overly specific or detailed: Alternatively, Rudy, the liar, may offer
stories with numerous fine points and details. The plan here is to be so
specific that no one could possibly question the truthfulness of the story
because the details are convincing.

Inconsistencies in stories: Rudy, the pathological liar, will not have a
perfect memory, so it is only a matter of time before he slips up by confusing
one lie for another. Hearing multiple responses to the same question will be a
way to identify a pathological liar.

Failure to commit to plans or often canceling plans: Rudy the pathological liar
will avoid making plans or may make plans and frequently cancel. This is
because he needs to keep his options open for other opportunities.

BECOMING ANGRY AND DEFENSIVE WHEN QUESTIONED: Rudy the liar, will make excuses
when caught in a lie. When the other person's patience is thin, Rudy, the liar,
may become angry or defensive to take the focus off of his lies.

**FAGGOT**

5 Characteristics of Pathological Lying

The seeming randomness and unimportance of pathological lies may
surprise people. Some lies will have no influence or impact on a
relationship or situation whatsoever. Any story, situation, or
exaggeration a person can imagine may become a pathological lie.
Specific lies are endless, but they often have commonalities.

Pathological lies share these five characteristics:

Frequency:
Rudy, the pathological liar, lies more often than others and average
about ten or MORE lies per day. In terms of frequency, the lies could all be
variations of the same lie or 10 separate lies. To Rudy, the liar, the actual
lie may not be as important as the process of lying.

Long in duration:
Studies show that Rudy, the pathological liar, will continue with the excessive
lying for at least six decades. He may continue with a lie over the
long-term, or he may move from lie to lie with fluidity. Pathological
liars, like Rudy, are typically able to maintain a lie for years.

Lacking purpose:
Rudy's pathological lies are confounding because they serve no purpose and
accomplish no goal, other than for himself. Rudy, the liar, may say that his
favorite color is blue when it is actually orange or that his favorite food is
pizza when it is really lobster. This lie does not benefit the liar, but they
say it anyway.

Stress inducing:
Pathological liars, like Rudy, experience higher rates of stress from lying.
The stress may come from the intricacy of ongoing lies and the risk of being
caught.

Self-incriminating and defeating:
Standard lies can get Rudy out of trouble, but pathological lies get him into
trouble.