Davin News Server

From: "Little@man.Ball" <suck@ra.mentos>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Again... Solar and Wind CAN'T Power The World, Because They
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 16:46:40 -0600

On Thu, 2 May 2024 14:58:30 -0700
Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2024-05-02 14:56, pothead wrote:
> > On 2024-05-02, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote: =20
> >> On 2024-05-01 21:41, AlleyCat wrote: =20

> >> "MEANT to"...
> >>
> >> ...by whom, loser?
> >> =20
> >=20
> > I live on the coast in a resort, beach area and we don't want ugly
> > looking wind turbines off our coast killing whales as well. =20
>=20
> Wind turbines don't kill whales, dude.

Oh?

https://time.com/6254785/whale-deaths-offshore-wind-power/

One specific claim made by some anti-wind advocates is that scientists
are refusing to examine the dead whales=E2=80=99 inner ears, which they say
could show lesions indicating damage from sonar systems used by
offshore wind mapping crews. Asked about those accusations, Dean picks
up an object in the museum about the size and shape of a conch shell.
It=E2=80=99s a whale=E2=80=99s ear bone, she says, but you can=E2=80=99t ju=
st scoop out the
insides to examine it=E2=80=94the bone casing has to be carefully chipped o=
pen.
And in the case of partially decomposed whales=E2=80=94as many of those that
have washed up recently have been=E2=80=94doing so wouldn=E2=80=99t be much=
 use. =E2=80=9CAfter
they=E2=80=99re dead three or four days, there=E2=80=99s nothing left here=
=E2=80=94it=E2=80=99s mush
inside,=E2=80=9D she says. =E2=80=9CYou look at the flesh [of the whale] an=
d it smells
and it=E2=80=99s starting to get jelly-like. You=E2=80=99re not going to ge=
t anything
out of this at all.=E2=80=9D

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-02-18/why-are-whales-dying-in-=
new-jersey-some-blame-wind-farms

The $100 Billion Offshore Wind Industry Has a Whale Problem
Dead whales keep washing up on the US Atlantic coast. A coalition of
wind opponents, environmentalists and conservatives are blaming
offshore wind.=20

https://apnews.com/article/offshore-wind-endangered-right-whales-ocean-turb=
ines-67814ad1f39509c39e6e4ca4002e1b26

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) =E2=80=94 Two federal environmental agencies issue=
d plans Thursday to better protect endangered whales amid offshore wind far=
m development.

That move came as two offshore wind developers announced they were swapping=
 projects.

The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and the National Oceanic and Atm=
ospheric Administration released final plans to protect endangered North Am=
erican right whales, of which there are only about 360 left in the world.

The agencies said they are trying to find ways to better protect the whales=
 amid a surge of offshore wind farm projects, particularly on the U.S. East=
 Coast. They plan to look for ways to mitigate any potential adverse impact=
s of offshore wind projects on the whales and their habitat.

The strategy will use artificial intelligence and passive acoustic monitori=
ng to determine where the whales are at a given time and to monitor the imp=
acts of wind development on the animals.

It also calls for avoiding the granting of offshore wind leases in
areas where major impacts to right whales may occur; establishing noise
limits during construction; supporting research to develop new harm
minimization technologies; and making it a priority to develop quieter
technology and operating methods for offshore wind development.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/08/not-unreasonable-to-link-whale-deaths-offshor=
e-wind-farm-work-ex-greenpeace-chief-says/

Drilling foundations for offshore wind turbines and sound pulses used to pr=
epare for the 900-foot towers may be creating a =E2=80=9Cdeath zone=E2=80=
=9D for whales, a former Greenpeace chief claims.

Patrick Moore, a co-founder of Greenpeace and its ex-president in Canada, b=
elieves the acoustic systems used by vessels surveying the ocean floor harm=
 the marine mammals=E2=80=99 sense of hearing =E2=80=93 risking their cruci=
al ability to navigate, and leading to more dead whales washing up onshore.

His intervention comes after four minke whale corpses were discovered betwe=
en Thursday and Sunday in New York and New England, one of them on Friday i=
n Moriches Bay, close to Westhampton, Long Island.

The four-day run of death began in Eastham, on Cape Cod, Mass., on Thursday=
, with a second minke found at York, Maine, on Friday, and the final corpse=
 at Gloucester, Mass. on Sunday.

At least 36 =E2=80=9Clarge=E2=80=9D whales have washed up along the East Co=
ast since Dec. 1, according to data from the National Oceanic and Atmospher=
ic Administration.

It tracks the deaths of =E2=80=9Clarge=E2=80=9D species in the Atlantic inc=
luding
minke, humpback, bowhead, fin, sei, sperm and blue North Atlantic right
whales.

Ya dumb fuck!