Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Variations In Earth's Orbit Around The Sun Closely Align With
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 19:53:26 -0700

On 2024-05-19 09:43, AlleyCat wrote:

> Variations in earth's orbit around the sun closely align with temperature anomalies over millions of years.
> The Milankovitch cycles over 200,000 years show that variations of warming and cooling match orbital
> patterns. The current warm Holocene interglacial has lasted 11,700 years.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GN7nUTTboAALxPA?format=jpg&name=large

'So how do we know Milankovitch cycles aren’t to blame?

First, Milankovitch cycles operate on long time scales, ranging from
tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of years. In contrast,
Earth’s current warming has taken place over time scales of decades to
centuries. Over the last 150 years, Milankovitch cycles have not changed
the amount of solar energy absorbed by Earth very much. In fact, NASA
satellite observations show that over the last 40 years, solar radiation
has actually decreased somewhat.'

You don't mind if I don't include the source, right?

You have to accept it as truth without any regard to its source...

...right, loser?