Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: We Can Put Power Lines Back Up After Hurricanes And Tornadoes...
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 00:28:44 -0700

On 2024-05-23 14:41, Charlie Glock wrote:
> On 2024-05-23, Akidasar <ak@no.spam> wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2024 10:04:44 -0700
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So a few wind turbines got knocked out...
>>
>> Wrong asset wrong location.
>>
>> Sorta like that Cali nuke plant (diablo cayon) built right on a fault
>> line!
>>
>> Leftards can't plan well.
>>
> Correct.

Wrong. Wind farms are naturally spread out and tornadoes don't actually
hit a very wide swath.

This incident knocked out something like 0.1% of the windmills in Iowa.

> What amazes me is that recent video of a wind farm being taken out by a huge tornado and why the
> blades aren't spinning like crazy?
> Seems to me that wind that powerful would have those blades spinning off the mountings.
>
> Are they governed somehow?
>

> Anyone know why?

Yes.

They can control the pitch of the blades.

Just like some propeller aircraft can, they can turn the blades to a
position that produces no torque at all. It's called "feathering".

And like any technology, it has improved.