Davin News Server

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Trump gets a good showing at rally in the BRONX!
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 13:18:28 -0400

BRONX, New York — Donald Trump made a direct appeal to Black and
Hispanic voters in one of the bluest parts of the country on Thursday,
boasting he could expand the electoral map into traditionally
Democratic strongholds.

Speaking to a raucous crowd in the South Bronx, the former president
claimed he would win his home state of New York, a state that hasn’t
gone for a Republican presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan 44
years ago.

“Who said we’re not going to win New York?” Trump said. “We’re going
to win New York.”

For Trump, it was the latest foray into Democratic turf, including in
states he’s unlikely to win like New Jersey, where he held a rally
earlier in May. His top campaign advisers and pollster told donors
recently they believe they have the potential to expand the electoral
map to Virginia and Minnesota in November. Trump came within 2 points
of winning Minnesota in 2016 but lost the state by 7 points four years
later.

The inroads Trump is seeking to make with young voters and people of
color could help him tremendously in swing states. And the former
president on Thursday claimed that illegal immigration is specifically
harming minorities — an apparent attempt to drive a wedge between
communities in a city that has absorbed thousands of recent migrants.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/23/trump-bronx-rally-new-york-00159838